Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] Add home-environment and related services

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:15:18 +0300

Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

>> On top of the patches above I made a new patch series, which introduces
>> home-environment and a set of default services, which are expected to be
>> present in most Guix Home configurations.

I added a copyright in gnu/home-services/configuration.scm and a
copyright line in gnu/local.mk files.

From gnu/home-services/shells.scm removed 3 comment lines at the bottom,
because I don't see this practice in other Guix documentation generation
functions:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;; (display (generate-home-shell-profile-documentation))
;; (display (generate-home-bash-documentation))
;; (display (generate-home-zsh-documentation))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In gnu/home.scm and gnu/home-services/xdg.scm alligned
define-record-type* with Emacs's ‘M-x aggressive-indent-mode’ and
‘M-x align-regexp’ <SPC ;>.

Unfortunately force push is disallowed, removed origin/wip-guix-home and
pushed again with squashed local.mk and slightly modified commit
messages (missing dots at the commit messages).

[…]

> Is it ok to keep discussion and review of the patch series in this
> thread or better create a new ticket for that?
>
> I posted it here, because it relies on symlink-manager, but not sure if
> it's handy for reviewers.

I think it's OK to keep discussion here, because every patch is a part
of guix-home.  Not a strong opinion on that.

I'll close the issue for now, it should reopen in case you send an email
to [email-masked]

Oleg.