Subject: [bug#50201] [PATCH core-updates-frozen 0/52] Support cross-compilation in glib-or-gtk-build-system and fix cross-compilation errors

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 14:30:00 +0200

Hello Maxime,

> Going by the patch series title: ‘Support cross-compilation in
> glib-or-gtk-build-system’, I don't see why this would have to go in
> core-updates instead of core-updates-frozen, because:
>
>   (1) no rebuilds, unless I missed something (*)
>   (2) due to (1), it doesn't introduce bugs
>   (3) after this patch series, glib-or-gtk-build-system _does_ support
>       support cross-compilation
>
> (*) In one patch, I unconditionally added a glib:bin input.  IIRC, it failed
>     to build natively previously, but I'd better check again ..

I made this suggestion mostly because there are quite a few
"TODO(core-updates)" that could be spared by basing this series on
core-updates directly.

>   When we decide to start building the ‘staging’ or ‘core-updates’
>   branches, they will be forked and renamed with the suffix
>   ‘-frozen’, at which time only bug fixes may be pushed to the frozen
>   branches.

Yeah this series is near the limit between a bug fix and a feature
addition. Anyway, let's go for the core-updates-frozen branch if there
are no other objections.

Thanks,

Mathieu