Subject: Re: bug#50187: 28.0.50; tramp is called from calendar

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 14:57:08 -0400

> * Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> [2022-09-14 04:54:36 +0200]:
>
> Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I always run Emacs with `debug-on-error' set to t.
>> So `midnight-hook' runs `calendar', it errors out, and I see the
>> *Backtrace* first thing in the morning.
>
> I didn't know that you got an error.

Sorry, the original message was indeed unclear on that.

> And you can still reproduce the problem?

Alas, I have not seen this for quite some time.
I don't even recall _when_ the problem went away.
All I remember is that I saw it for a while, reported the bug, did
nothing specifically to correct the issue, and then it went away after
some time.

> Then you could try to use the calendar before midnight and see if that
> prevents that error at midnight.  If it doesn't, my autoload theory
> would be wrong.

I do use calendar regularly, but I have not seen this recently.

_However_, I just called calendar from a Tramp buffer and the *Calendar*
buffer's `default-directory' is a tramp directory.

I don't think this is right.

-- 
Sam Steingold (https://aphar.dreamwidth.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2113
https://lastingimpactpsychology.com https://steingoldpsychology.com
https://iris.org.il https://honestreporting.com https://jihadwatch.org
A good programmer: language change is easy, editor change is ... huh?!