Subject: Re: bug#50187: 28.0.50; tramp is called from calendar

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 10:29:36 -0400

> * Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> [2022-09-13 04:14:24 +0200]:
>
> Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I have calendar in midnight-hook, so I came to this backtrace in the
>> morning.
>
> Yes thanks - but I wanted to know how you had obtained the backtrace,
> that would help for the analysis.  M-x debug-on-entry [what function?],
> or something else?  Can you maybe try to produce that backtrace again?

I always run Emacs with `debug-on-error' set to t.
So `midnight-hook' runs `calendar', it errors out, and I see the
*Backtrace* first thing in the morning.

-- 
Sam Steingold (https://aphar.dreamwidth.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2113
https://lastingimpactpsychology.com https://steingoldpsychology.com
https://mideasttruth.com https://fairforall.org https://ij.org/
To be popular with ladies one has to be smart, handsome & rich. Or to be a cat.