Subject: Re: bug#50187: 28.0.50; tramp is called from calendar

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 01:09:44 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>   tramp-file-name-handler(expand-file-name "tramp" "/ssh:host:/tmp/")
>   tramp-file-name-handler(expand-file-name "tramp" "/ssh:host:/tmp/")
>   tramp-file-name-handler(expand-file-name "mule-util" "/ssh:host:/tmp/")
>   truncate-string-to-width(#("<     Calendar     ? info / o other /
>   calendar-string-spread((#("<" 0 1 (help-echo "mouse-1: previous m
>   calendar-update-mode-line()
>   calendar-mode()
>   calendar-basic-setup(nil)
>   calendar()
>   eval((calendar) nil)

Could be that the backtraces just show different moments in autoloading
progress.  AFAIK `tramp-file-name-handler' is called very often.  Maybe
there is also some caching mechanism involved or something like that and
the first `tramp-file-name-handler' call depends on what you did before
- I don't know.

The OP didn't tell us how he produced his backtrace (do you maybe
recall, Sam?).

Michael.