Subject: bug#50187: 28.0.50; tramp is called from calendar

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 08:48:39 +0200

Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Sam,

> Specifically, define a function `disinherit' (and add `disinherit'
> optional argument to `get-buffer-create' et al) that would reset
> `default-directory' et al to the "root" value (whatever the value would
> be in *scratch* for `emacs -Q`) for the newly created buffer.
>
> Then encourage developers to use disinherit in things like games,
> calendar &c &c &c.

The usual approach in packages, which do not want to be offended by a
remote default-directory, shall be

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(let ((default-directory temporary-file-directory))
   ...)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

But it is up to the package to do so in its implementation.

> Thank you.

Best regards, Michael.