Subject: Re: bug#50183: httpd hash mismatch

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 19:40:03 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 at 04:44, "Eric Brown" via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> wrote:

> # guix pull && hash guix && guix package -u
> # guix build httpd --no-substitutes
>
> sha256 hash mismatch for /gnu/store/vqdsqzdq1vfhn49fmj32daja43vmbg8v-httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2:
>   expected hash: 0v4npxnvih5mlxx6dywwhhfs8xvgcckc0hxzwk3hi0g8nbkjdj0v
>   actual hash:   0mdqa9w1p6cmli6976v4wi0sw9r4p5prkj7lzfd1877wk11c9c73
> hash mismatch for store item '/gnu/store/vqdsqzdq1vfhn49fmj32daja43vmbg8v-httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2'

I get this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build httpd -S --no-substitutes
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/8yz30bpf6yw6rd1yf7h3fh5p8yr062zf-httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2.drv
building /gnu/store/8yz30bpf6yw6rd1yf7h3fh5p8yr062zf-httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2.drv...

Starting download of /gnu/store/vqdsqzdq1vfhn49fmj32daja43vmbg8v-httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2
>From http://www.eu.apache.org/dist/httpd/httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2...
In procedure getaddrinfo: Name or service not known

Starting download of /gnu/store/vqdsqzdq1vfhn49fmj32daja43vmbg8v-httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2
>From http://www.us.apache.org/dist/httpd/httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2...
In procedure getaddrinfo: Name or service not known

Starting download of /gnu/store/vqdsqzdq1vfhn49fmj32daja43vmbg8v-httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2
>From https://ftp.nluug.nl/internet/apache/httpd/httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2...
downloading from https://ftp.nluug.nl/internet/apache/httpd/httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2 ...
 httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2  6.9MiB         476KiB/s 00:15 [##################] 100.0%
successfully built /gnu/store/8yz30bpf6yw6rd1yf7h3fh5p8yr062zf-httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2.drv
/gnu/store/vqdsqzdq1vfhn49fmj32daja43vmbg8v-httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2

$ guix hash /gnu/store/vqdsqzdq1vfhn49fmj32daja43vmbg8v-httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2
0v4npxnvih5mlxx6dywwhhfs8xvgcckc0hxzwk3hi0g8nbkjdj0v

$ guix download https://ftp.nluug.nl/internet/apache/httpd/httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2

Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.cFPPuX
>From https://ftp.nluug.nl/internet/apache/httpd/httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2...
 …48.tar.bz2  6.9MiB                  611KiB/s 00:11 [##################] 100.0%
/gnu/store/vqdsqzdq1vfhn49fmj32daja43vmbg8v-httpd-2.4.48.tar.bz2
0v4npxnvih5mlxx6dywwhhfs8xvgcckc0hxzwk3hi0g8nbkjdj0v
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Therefore, from which mirror are you downloading?  It should be
something from the list:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
      (apache             ; from http://www.apache.org/mirrors/dist.html
       "http://www.eu.apache.org/dist/"
       "http://www.us.apache.org/dist/"
       "https://ftp.nluug.nl/internet/apache/"
       "http://apache.mirror.iweb.ca/"
       "http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/apache/"
       "http://apache.mirrors.ovh.net/ftp.apache.org/dist/"
       "http://apache-mirror.rbc.ru/pub/apache/"
       "ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/apache/"
       "http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/apache/"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

All the best,
simon