Subject: bug#5018:

From: Michael Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2017 20:11:51 +0200

Hi all

I would like to express my serious interest in this. The smaller and
the more mobile the devices become, the more useful this feature seems
to be.

Besides the initial discussion for this feature request here
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-11/msg00883.html
there was a discussion (maybe several?) about this on the Org mode
mailing list here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-01/msg00640.html

The partial workaround discussed there to narrow a table column is not
really useful as it does not reveal the content when the buffer is
made wide enough, and it does not apply to for instance source code
blocks.

I would like to add that this new feature would have to allow to a)
truncate all lines, b) truncate only the lines with the new text
property or c) not truncate any line.

Michael