Subject: Re: bug#50179: [PATCH] Add support for "bright" ANSI colors to ansi-color and term-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 18:46:51 +0200

Jim Porter <[email-masked]> writes:

> Oops, I ran the tests locally, but I think I forgot to rebuild
> term.elc, so naturally the tests passed without needing any changes.
> Here's a patch.

Thanks.

> However, I just want to be sure it's ok for these patches to merge. As
> mentioned in the original message, my copyright assignment is
> currently out of date.

Sorry; I did read that yesterday, but today I'd completely forgotten it
again -- I did mean to wait until the paperwork was sorted.

> I contacted assign@ to get it updated, and I don't foresee any
> problems, but you never know with companies. If the maintainers are ok
> with the patch being in-tree despite this, then I'm ok with it too; I
> just wanted to be sure everyone was aware of the situation.

Hm...  perhaps the best thing to do would be to revert the two patches
while waiting for the paperwork to be finalised.  On the other hand,
that's more churn in the VC.  Uhm...  I'm not sure whether we have a
policy here.  Eli?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no