Subject: Re: bug#50179: [PATCH] Add support for "bright" ANSI colors to ansi-color and term-mode

From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 09:41:52 -0700

Oops, I ran the tests locally, but I think I forgot to rebuild
term.elc, so naturally the tests passed without needing any changes.
Here's a patch.

However, I just want to be sure it's ok for these patches to merge. As
mentioned in the original message, my copyright assignment is
currently out of date. I contacted assign@ to get it updated, and I
don't foresee any problems, but you never know with companies. If the
maintainers are ok with the patch being in-tree despite this, then I'm
ok with it too; I just wanted to be sure everyone was aware of the
situation.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 5:04 AM Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Jim Porter <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Ok, here are updated patches addressing your comments. I fixed the
> > grammatical error in the comment, improved the commit message for the
> > second patch, and switched to using `ansi-color-bold-is-bright' in
> > both files. I left `ansi-bright-color-names-vector' as a defcustom
> > though, since I think that's the right thing to do there (see my
> > previous message), but I can change that later if we agree on a
> > different/better route there.
>
> Thanks; applied to Emacs 28.  But unfortunately, I didn't notice the
> test failure until after pushing.  :-/
>
> 1 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  term-colors-bold-is-bright
>
> And the faces are:
>
> (font-lock-face ((:foreground "yellow3" :background "unspecified-bg"
>  :inverse-video nil) :inherit term-bold))
> (font-lock-face ((:foreground "yellow2" :background "unspecified-bg"
>  :inverse-video nil) :inherit term-bold))
>
>
> --
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no