Subject: bug#50179: [PATCH] Add support for "bright" ANSI colors to ansi-color and term-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 14:04:00 +0200

Jim Porter <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ok, here are updated patches addressing your comments. I fixed the
> grammatical error in the comment, improved the commit message for the
> second patch, and switched to using `ansi-color-bold-is-bright' in
> both files. I left `ansi-bright-color-names-vector' as a defcustom
> though, since I think that's the right thing to do there (see my
> previous message), but I can change that later if we agree on a
> different/better route there.

Thanks; applied to Emacs 28.  But unfortunately, I didn't notice the
test failure until after pushing.  :-/

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  term-colors-bold-is-bright

And the faces are:

(font-lock-face ((:foreground "yellow3" :background "unspecified-bg"
 :inverse-video nil) :inherit term-bold))
(font-lock-face ((:foreground "yellow2" :background "unspecified-bg"
 :inverse-video nil) :inherit term-bold))

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no