Subject: bug#50177: Support U+20DD COMBINING ENCLOSING CIRCLE

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 17:30:13 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> How do
>> 檢⃝  x⃝
>> look to you?
>
> Look correctly: as a single grapheme cluster.

I'm getting:

But indeed, the x and the ⃝ are from different fonts, so this isn't
surprising.

We have a number of open bug reports in this area.  At least 44784,
23292, 17739, which may or may not be the same underlying problem.
(Probably different issues, really.)

I haven't looked at the machinery here at all -- is there a fundamental
reason why Emacs can't combine glyphs from different fonts?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no