Subject: Re: bug#50166: 28.0.50; ECM for possible process-status/sentinel bug

From: Adam Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 17:01:01 -0500

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 4:21 PM Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Adam Porter <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > The attached file provides an ECM for a possible bug in Emacs's process
> > handling.
>
> What does "ECM" stand for?

According to https://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#ecm:

    This is a French acronym used by some mailing list members; it stands
    for "Exemple Complet Minimal", or "Complete Minimal   Example". The
    term refers to test files that can reliably reproduce a bug with the
    minimal amount of code. When you report a bug to the mailing list, you
    should provide a minimal .org file (with no more text than necessary)
    that demonstrates the bug. See this post for more information.

I learned the term from working on Org, and since Org is part of
Emacs, I assumed it was generally familiar to Emacs maintainers as
well.  My mistake.  :)