Subject: bug#50151: Coreutils, aarch64 and chroot

From: Frans de Boer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 10:31:40 +0200

On 8/21/21 6:43 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 8/21/21 3:33 AM, Frans de Boer wrote:
>> So, I guess chroot is to blame?
>
> Seems unlikely that it'd be a coreutils bug. Possibly you simply have 
> the wrong type of executable installed as /newroot/usr/sbin/chroot.
>
> If it is a coreutils bug, please give complete steps to let others 
> reproduce the bug.
If it is the wrong executable, would it ever startup and continue and 
(try to) load bash or env?
It even displays the help message!

As I said before, on its own it does function but, as opposed to bash, 
it does NOT load other programs. All programs are compiled the same with 
aarch64-cross-linux tools.
No problem when operating under qemu-x86_64 or qemu-i386 - of course 
both compiled with their own cross compiler tools. I am currently trying 
this with other architectures (powerpc64)

I can supply more, but what exactly would help you forward?

--- Frans