Subject: bug#50145: guix-master fails 'make install' (missing contentdb.scm)

From: Sergei Trofimovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 15:55:42 +0100

Noticed 'make install' failure of guix-master on a foreign distribution:

    make  all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/portage-tmpdir/portage/sys-apps/guix-9999/work/guix-9999'
    Making all in po/guix
    make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/portage-tmpdir/portage/sys-apps/guix-9999/work/guix-9999/po/guix'
    make guix.pot-update
    make[3]: Entering directory '/tmp/portage-tmpdir/portage/sys-apps/guix-9999/work/guix-9999/po/guix'
    make[3]: *** No rule to make target '../../guix/scripts/import/contentdb.scm', needed by 'guix.pot-update'.  Stop.
    make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/portage-tmpdir/portage/sys-apps/guix-9999/work/guix-9999/po/guix'
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:369: guix.pot] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/portage-tmpdir/portage/sys-apps/guix-9999/work/guix-9999/po/guix'
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:6203: all-recursive] Error 1

I suspect it ot started happening after
    https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=467e874a86dc3dd83fe10e5610823c011de6565a
which adds a reference to 'contentdb.scm' file, but not file itself. that
causes 'make install' fail.

-- 

  Sergei