Subject: bug#50141: Current part of emacs red, other parts blue

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 15:28:25 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> buffer-list-update-hook sounds like that infrastructure.

But it's only run if NORECORD is nil...  But I guess that only happens
when we're not really displaying the window, but only selecting it to
select back to something else before the user notices?  So using it
should perhaps work...

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> But I think the real problem is how to define a window-specific
> default face.  It's not easy, and I'm not sure it will work.
> Something using the :filtered thingy, I guess?  But I'm not sure it
> will work for the default face.
>
> Basically, faces were never designed to be window-specific.  Even
> making them buffer-specific (via face-remapping-alist) is somewhat
> tricky.

Yeah, I suspect we can't use faces here, but might have to add some new
window-specific background colour setting?  Which might be generally
useful, anyway.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no