Subject: [bug#50117] [PATCH 0/2] go-github-com-aswinkarthik-csvdiff package updates

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 01:17:39 +0530

Hi Bonface,

Thanks for the patches! Some feedback follows.

1. I think we can combine the two commits into one since this is
logically just a single change.

2. We should retain the old package as a deprecated package. We should
add something like the snippet below.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(define-public go-github-com-aswinkarthik-csvdiff
  (deprecated-package "go-github-com-aswinkarthik-csvdiff" csvdiff))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

>  (define-public go-github-com-aswinkarthik-csvdiff

3. We should rename the variable name as well.

>    (package
> -    (name "go-github-com-aswinkarthik-csvdiff")
> +    (name "csvdiff")

3. We should also move the package to some file other than
golang.scm. How about textutils.scm?

Thank you for your patience! :-)
Arun