Subject: Re: bug#50094: 27.2; `M-x list-colors-display` fails with an error

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 20:53:50 +0100

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 02:57:25PM +0100, Simon Katz wrote:
> `M-x list-colors-display` fails with an error.
> 
> I produced this bug report in Emacs 27.2.2 with no additional packages
> loaded.
> 
> I also tried with Emacs 26.3, with the same result.
> 
> The error is caused by `(apply 'max color-values)` being called when
> `color-values` is null.
> 
> Debugger backtrace follows:
> 
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments #<subr max> 0)
>   max()
>   apply(max nil)
>   list-colors-print((("LightGreen") ("DarkRed") ("DarkMagenta")
> ("DarkCyan") ("DarkBlue") ("DarkGray" "DarkGrey") ("grey100") ("grey99")
> ("grey98") ("grey97") ("grey96") ("grey95") ("grey94") ("grey93")
> ("grey92") ("grey91") ("grey90") ("grey89") ("grey88") ("gray85") ("grey84"
> "gray84") ("grey83" "gray83") ("grey82" "gray82") ("grey81" "gray81")
> ("grey80" "gray80") ("grey79" "gray79") ("grey78" "gray78") ("grey77"
> "gray77") ("grey76" "gray76") ("grey75" "gray75") ("grey74" "gray74")
> ("grey73" "gray73") ("grey72" "gray72") ("grey71" "gray71") ("grey70"
> "gray70") ("grey69" "gray69") ("grey68" "gray68") ("grey67" "gray67")
> ("grey66" "gray66") ("grey65" "gray65") ("grey64" "gray64") ("grey63"
> "gray63") ("grey62" "gray62") ("grey61" "gray61") ("grey60" "gray60")
> ("grey59" "gray59") ("grey58" "gray58") ("grey57" "gray57") ("grey56"
> "gray56") ("grey55" "gray55") ...) nil)
>   list-colors-display()
>   funcall-interactively(list-colors-display)
>   call-interactively(list-colors-display record nil)
>   command-execute(list-colors-display record)
>   execute-extended-command(nil "list-colors-display" "list-colors-d")
>   funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "list-colors-display"
> "list-colors-d")
>   call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
>   command-execute(execute-extended-command)

Please run:

    rm $HOME/Library/Colors/Emacs.clr

and try again.
-- 
Alan Third