Subject: bug#50094: closed (Re: bug#50094: 27.2; `M-x list-colors-display` fails with an error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 17:09:03 +0000

Your bug report

#50094: 27.2; `M-x list-colors-display` fails with an error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50094: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50094
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#50094: 27.2; `M-x list-colors-display` fails with an error
From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
To: Simon Katz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 18:08:02 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 12:24:59PM +0100, Simon Katz wrote:
> > Please run:
> >
> >     rm $HOME/Library/Colors/Emacs.clr
> >
> > and try again.
> 
> Thanks. It works after doing that.

Thanks. Apple made a change a while back and the old code that creates
that file now seems to create a corrupted version, so it's a bit of a
pain.
-- 
Alan Third

Subject: 27.2; `M-x list-colors-display` fails with an error
From: Simon Katz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 14:57:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

`M-x list-colors-display` fails with an error.

I produced this bug report in Emacs 27.2.2 with no additional packages
loaded.

I also tried with Emacs 26.3, with the same result.

The error is caused by `(apply 'max color-values)` being called when
`color-values` is null.

Debugger backtrace follows:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments #<subr max> 0)
  max()
  apply(max nil)
  list-colors-print((("LightGreen") ("DarkRed") ("DarkMagenta")
("DarkCyan") ("DarkBlue") ("DarkGray" "DarkGrey") ("grey100") ("grey99")
("grey98") ("grey97") ("grey96") ("grey95") ("grey94") ("grey93")
("grey92") ("grey91") ("grey90") ("grey89") ("grey88") ("gray85") ("grey84"
"gray84") ("grey83" "gray83") ("grey82" "gray82") ("grey81" "gray81")
("grey80" "gray80") ("grey79" "gray79") ("grey78" "gray78") ("grey77"
"gray77") ("grey76" "gray76") ("grey75" "gray75") ("grey74" "gray74")
("grey73" "gray73") ("grey72" "gray72") ("grey71" "gray71") ("grey70"
"gray70") ("grey69" "gray69") ("grey68" "gray68") ("grey67" "gray67")
("grey66" "gray66") ("grey65" "gray65") ("grey64" "gray64") ("grey63"
"gray63") ("grey62" "gray62") ("grey61" "gray61") ("grey60" "gray60")
("grey59" "gray59") ("grey58" "gray58") ("grey57" "gray57") ("grey56"
"gray56") ("grey55" "gray55") ...) nil)
  list-colors-display()
  funcall-interactively(list-colors-display)
  call-interactively(list-colors-display record nil)
  command-execute(list-colors-display record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "list-colors-display" "list-colors-d")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "list-colors-display"
"list-colors-d")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60
Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95))
 of 2021-03-27 built on builder10-14.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Recent messages:
Unable to load color "grey85" [2 times]
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Unable to load color "grey85" [2 times]
Entering debugger...
Unable to load color "grey85" [6 times]
s-b is undefined
Mark activated
command-execute: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Quit [5 times]
Quit
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns
radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace find-func color help-mode
nomis-start-plain package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 66352 8907)
 (symbols 48 7697 1)
 (strings 32 21267 2138)
 (string-bytes 1 709606)
 (vectors 16 13608)
 (vector-slots 8 168118 11158)
 (floats 8 180 244)
 (intervals 56 542 4)
 (buffers 1000 14))