Subject: bug#50091: closed (Re: [PATCH 02/21] gnu: bootstrap: Add support for riscv64-linux.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2025 10:20:03 +0000

Your bug report

#50091: [PATCH 00/21] Add riscv64 support

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50091: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50091
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH 02/21] gnu: bootstrap: Add support for riscv64-linux.
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2025 12:19:41 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, Mar 26, 2025 at 10:31:32AM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
> Hello Efraim,
> 
> I came upon this issue as it is tagged with team-science. I think we do
> have Risc support in Guix now, can the issue be closed?

Sounds good to me. Whatever else was left to do in this patch can be
done in a new one so it doesn't get lost again.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted

Subject: [PATCH 00/21] Add riscv64 support
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 13:10:00 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is the current tree for wip-riscv, which I rebase regularly on top
of core-updates-frozen. I'm not in love with raw-build-guile3 in
gnu/packages/bootstrap but I wasn't able to find another way to make it
work. I'll add some comments in response to the patches.

Everything was built using a SiFive HiFive Unmatched board¹. As a
comparison, my pine64 passed the build phase in mesa in 89 minutes, and
this board built it in 66 minutes.

¹ https://www.sifive.com/boards/hifive-unmatched

Efraim Flashner (21):
  utils: Define 'target-riscv?' predicate.
  gnu: bootstrap: Add support for riscv64-linux.
  gnu: gcc-boot0: Use libstdc++-boot0-gcc7 on riscv64-linux.
  gnu: %boot3-inputs: Add missing input.
  gnu: guile: Fix building on riscv64-linux.
  gnu: %final-inputs: Add implied gcc:lib input.
  gnu: bdb: Fix building on riscv64-linux.
  gnu: elfutils: Fix building on riscv64-linux.
  gnu: pcre: Fix building on riscv64-linux.
  gnu: openssl: Fix build on riscv64-linux.
  gnu: libtool: Fix building on riscv64-linux.
  gnu: openblas: Fix building on riscv64-linux.
  gnu: mesa: Add support for riscv64-linux.
  gnu: pcre2: Fix building on riscv64-linux.
  gnu: icu4c: Skip tests on riscv64-linux.
  gnu: openblas-ilp64: Add riscv64-linux as a supported architecture.
  gnu: openlibm: Remove riscv64-linux from supported systems.
  gnu: texlive-bin: Fix building on riscv64-linux.
  gnu: texlive-updmap.cfg: Update hash.
  gnu: lz4: Build on riscv64-linux without valgrind.
  gnu: lapack: Fix building on riscv64-linux.

 gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm                    | 112 +++++++++++++++++-
 gnu/packages/commencement.scm                 |  58 ++++++++-
 gnu/packages/compression.scm                  |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/dbm.scm                          |  23 ++--
 gnu/packages/elf.scm                          |  11 +-
 gnu/packages/gl.scm                           |  26 ++--
 gnu/packages/guile.scm                        |  22 ++--
 gnu/packages/icu4c.scm                        |   8 ++
 gnu/packages/maths.scm                        |  10 +-
 .../patches/libtool-skip-tests2.patch         |   8 +-
 gnu/packages/pcre.scm                         |  13 +-
 gnu/packages/tex.scm                          |  20 ++--
 gnu/packages/tls.scm                          |  11 +-
 guix/packages.scm                             |   4 +-
 guix/utils.scm                                |   9 +-
 m4/guix.m4                                    |   4 +-
 16 files changed, 283 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)

-- 
2.32.0