Subject: Re: [bug#50078] [PATCH 0/4] Nomad and dependancies now use guile 3 as default.

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 16:43:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021, Mike Rosset wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    This patches series updates Nomad and it's dependancies to use guile 3 by
> default. In the case of emacsy and g-golf they use guile-3.0-lates @
> guile-3.0.7 since they only work with that version.

Awesome, thanks for working on these. I tested them by building nomad on 
x86_64-linux, and and used it to navigate to the Guile website, so the 
patches look good.

Some thoughts/questions/potential improvements:

Perhaps add the comment about g-golf and emacsy needing guile-3.0.7 to the 
source so that it's more obvious in the future when it is safe to use the 
regular guile package.

Do g-golf, emacsy, and shroud still work with Guile 2.2? If so, can you 
also add guile2.2 package variants?

Why are the tests disabled for g-golf? Perhaps add a comment to the 
source.

Best,
Jack