Subject: bug#50067: Context menus

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 09:44:48 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 21:31:37 -0400
> 
> > Stefan, did we remove this requirement at some point, or is it still a
> > requirement?
> 
> If memory serves it's used (as the title) for the non-toolkit menus and
> it's not used for the toolkit menus, but the reality is probably less
> clear cut than that.

That's also my recollection.  In particular TTY menus actually
_expect_ to find a meaningful string there.

So I think we need to reinstate the name in the context menus (though
perhaps we could come up with a better name than "Context menu"), and
if some toolkit wants to ignore it, they should do it when they create
the menu widgets to show the menu on the screen.