Subject: Re: bug#50067: Context menus

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 21:59:10 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 21:40:19 +0300
> 
> >> I guess the presence of the title should be platform-dependent.
> >> For example, without a title it looks great on the GTK build.
> >
> > What happens if the GTK build displays a TTY frame?  Isn't the menu
> > definition global, and thus doesn't distinguish between frame types?
> 
> The menu definition is constructed dynamically, so it possible
> to set the title when (framep (selected-frame)) returns t on tty.

OK, but as I wrote elsewhere, I think the string should always be
present, and if some GUI toolkit wants to ignore it, it should avoid
putting it into the native menu structure when it creates the menu
widget(s).  The Lisp data should remain the same, IMO.