Subject: bug#50067: Context menus

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 11:37:00 +0300

>>>   - xref-auto-jump-to-first-definition
>>>   - xref-auto-jump-to-first-<xref/item/match/result>. Or just
>>>     xref-auto-jump-to-first.
>> grep/compilation already supports the value 'jump' by non-nil
>> 'compilation-auto-jump-to-first-error', and the value 'move' when
>> 'compilation-scroll-output' is customized to 'first-error'.
>> But I think for xref still two separate options are needed
>> xref-auto-jump-to-first-definition for xref-find-definitions, and
>> xref-auto-jump-to-first-xref for other more grep-like xref commands.
>
> It's now in master: two variables, three methods of behavior for each.
>
> Let me know if you see any problems.

Thanks, one problem is that defcustoms have no '(const nil :tag'
for the default value 'nil'.  I don't know what tag to use,
maybe "No auto-jump".  There were other problems so that it was
easier to just push the fix :)