Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add bgfx

From: Andy Tai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 05:42:09 -0700

Leo, by "nasty stuff" you meant non-free stuff (I doubt if there is
any in a graphics library but will check), or you meant the embedded
packages that shall be reference to other packages in guix (if
packaged already)?   I think the embedded copies of other stuff may
have local customization that may make it impossible to simply build
with the existing packages in guix.

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 11:48 AM Leo Prikler
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> If possible, we should have one package per repo with everything nasty
> in that repo removed.  I realize that's a lot more to ask for than
> simply "a package that builds", but we do have some standards.
>
> Optionally, if it's really not possible, you can still go for various
> merged origins, but I should stress that in that case you also ought to
> filter out the nasty stuff.  It's usually easier to do that if you have
> one package for whatever you could reason to be a package upstream.