Subject: Re: bug#50050: Broken Link

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 23:02:45 -0400

Hi,

Russell Green Osborne <[email-masked]> writes:

> I was looking at compiling icecat from source and noticed that the link 
> to the git repository is broken (needs a trailing slash).
>
> Page: <https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/>
>
> Broken Link: <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuzilla.git>

Thanks for the report, but I'm unable to reproduce the problem on my
system.  The link works for me as-is without the trailing slash, both in
IceCat 78 and in simpler browsers like Lynx and Emacs EWW.  Savannah
accepts the link as-is without causing an HTTP redirect.

Can you elaborate on why you believe that
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuzilla.git> is a broken link?

     Thanks,
       Mark

--
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.