Subject: bug#5002 closed by Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#5002: patch)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 06:05:06 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#5002: htmlfontify should remove some text properties

It has been closed by Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
5002: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5002
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#5002: patch
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Vivek Dasmohapatra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 00:57:43 -0500

> This patch should allow those props to be stripped.

> A defcustom has been added and the properties listed in it should be
> ripped out just after the buffer is copied.

Installed,

        Stefan

Subject: htmlfontify should remove some text properties
From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
To: Emacs Bugs <[email-masked]>, Vivek Dasmohapatra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 13:05:09 +0100

I just notice when I played a bit with hfyview.el that there is a bug
in hfy-fontify-buffer. Or at least I believe it is there.

The problem seems to be that a substring is copied with all text
properties to the new buffer. Some of them will prevent htmlfontify
from working correctly. I think the call to copy-buffer should be
replaced with something that does the same thing but removes some of
the text properties.

This is what I just did in hfyview.el, but that is the wrong place to
do it. See line 512 in the attached hfyview.el for some suspicious
text properties (I am not sure how they work so I took them all.
Beside that I saw that font-sticky and rear-nonsticky is not described
on (info "(elisp) Special Properties").)

I found the problem when I did like this:

 load hfyview.el
 M-x hfyview-frame-mode
 M-x
 Push <apps>

This will work now, but that is due to that the call to propertize on
line 515 in hfyview.el removes some text properties from the variable
str before the insertion in the buffer. (I am not sure which ones that
helped here.)

If you do not remove these text properties then the content of the
minibuffer will not be shown in the htmlfontify output.

I have attached hfyview.el