Subject: Re: bug#49997: 27.2; idle-time reset when switching desktop-page

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 19:09:09 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Actually, I think we need the details.  When the user changes the
> page, which event do we get? focus-out or focus-in? or both one after
> the other?

Let's see...  when switching to the other desktop, we get a focus out.
When switching back again, we seem to get a focus in, then an out, and
then an in again.

Just opening a frame normally gives me an in, out and in again, so the
extra out/in may be just something the window manager always does.

> If we get the focus-out event, what is the frame's focus_state at that
> point?

Haven't looked yet.

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> And also, which frame is being reported as receiving the event?

There's only a single Emacs frame in my tests.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no