Subject: bug#49997: 27.2; idle-time reset when switching desktop-page

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 17:44:33 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked], Martin Rudalics <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 16:36:49 +0200
> 
> 	      if (!FRAME_TOOLTIP_P (f)
> 		  && (old_left != f->left_pos || old_top != f->top_pos))
> 		{
> 		  inev.ie.kind = MOVE_FRAME_EVENT;
> 		  XSETFRAME (inev.ie.frame_or_window, f);
> 		}
> 	    }
> 
> So it's purely based on whether the window manager told is that the
> position changed -- which I guess it sort of does?  When I move to a
> different virtual desktop, it shows me all the iconified frames, and
> that's probably where this comes from?

The OP said this happens even when he switches to a page without the
Emacs frame, so I'm not sure how the position could change?  And if
iconified frames are somehow involved, we could perhaps look at
FRAME_ICONIFIED_P and/or the FocusIn/FocuseOut events?

(Full disclosure: I know almost nothing about X events.)

> I've added Martin to the CCs; perhaps he has some insights here.

Good idea.