Subject: bug#49995: closed (Re: bug#49995: 28.0.50; EBDB Anniversaries do not appear marked in calendar)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 17:14:02 +0000

Your bug report

#49995: 28.0.50; EBDB Anniversaries do not appear marked in calendar

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
49995: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=49995
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#49995: 28.0.50; EBDB Anniversaries do not appear marked in calendar
From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 10:13:06 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Otherwise, `ebdb-diary-anniversaries' works the way it does now, for
>> only the diary, or in Org.
>
> Ok, great.
>
>>
>> Maybe, additionally, we provide a `ebdb-export-to-org' command that
>> writes an Org file holding all our anniversaries as headings, with
>> advance notifications implemented as DEADLINE lines with a warning
>> period. [...]
>
> While the idea has some charm, you would loose the speed advantages from
> using a hash table for lookup, right?  Or would Org build and use one
> internally?
>
> Anyway, I think personally I would not want to have a second place for
> anniversaries - unless it would then be beneficial to use only that file
> in the future.

This would just be an alternate way of getting EBDB anniversaries into
your Org agenda. Instead of sticking %%(ebdb-diary-anniversaries)
somewhere in your Org files, EBDB would export a separate Org file
holding its anniversaries as headings, which you would include in the
Agenda. It would only make sense if the user wanted to make lots of
edits to the anniversary entries.

I'm probably just overthinking things!

I've just pushed the changes so far, and released a new version, and now
will work on further customization. I want to implement this for the ID
field as well: I meant to do that quite a while ago, and my own passport
expired because I hadn't yet gotten around to writing the code... :(

Subject: 28.0.50; EBDB Anniversaries do not appear marked in calendar
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 12:43:39 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Prerequisite: setup EBDB with a few records with anniversaries.

Steps:

1. M-x calendar RET

2. m (diary-mark-entries)

Result: highlights the entries from diary but doesn’t mark the
anniversaries from EBDB. However, pressing ‘d’ on a date with
anniversary shows the day’s calendar with the anniversary.

Expectation: Anniversaries from EBDB must also be highlighted when
(diary-mark-entries) is invoked.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5.1 (Build 20G80))
 of 2021-08-11 built on mb2.local
Repository revision: a8e89964f3553f40b8807617c3b181f42cd22fd9
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.5.1

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-20210810.800/magit-section-pkg hides /Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-section-20210806.1607/magit-section-pkg
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20210809.1242/transient hides /Users/pankaj/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug magit-utils dash appt url-http url-gw url-auth
smerge-mode diff gnus-html url-cache flow-fill shr-color color mailalias
smtpmail flyspell ispell sort smiley gnus-cite mm-archive mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml hl-line disp-table cursor-sensor
nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnml nnfolder epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache
.gnus cal-persia cal-coptic cal-mayan cal-french cal-move rfc1345
misearch multi-isearch cl-print help-fns radix-tree cus-start compose
quail cal-julian org-duration view cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs cal-iso face-remap
org-agenda org-refile vc-dir diary-lib diary-loaddefs sh-script smie
executable dired-aux bug-reference conf-mode hideshow vc-mtn vc-hg
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc eglot array jsonrpc ert pp
ewoc debug backtrace imenu ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search ol-docview doc-view
image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m autorevert filenotify
checkdoc lisp-mnt vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher flymake-proc flymake
compile warnings thingatpt elec-pair jka-compr company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company init my-init enet org-element avl-tree generator
org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js
ob-java ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete ls-lisp ob-R ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec server edmacro kmacro modus-operandi-theme modus-themes
exec-path-from-shell delight ebdb-message sendmail ebdb-gnus gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku
svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search
time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar
ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
timezone savehist desktop frameset avoid paren cus-load finder-inf
tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init iso-transl
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 837741 107231)
 (symbols 48 45628 3)
 (strings 32 198620 15218)
 (string-bytes 1 5983840)
 (vectors 16 96769)
 (vector-slots 8 1944827 135657)
 (floats 8 997 1126)
 (intervals 56 8961 8042)
 (buffers 992 72))

-- 
Regards ~Pankaj