Subject: Re: bug#49995: 28.0.50; EBDB Anniversaries do not appear marked in calendar

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 17:57:11 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Otherwise, `ebdb-diary-anniversaries' works the way it does now, for
> only the diary, or in Org.

Ok, great.

>
> Maybe, additionally, we provide a `ebdb-export-to-org' command that
> writes an Org file holding all our anniversaries as headings, with
> advance notifications implemented as DEADLINE lines with a warning
> period. [...]

While the idea has some charm, you would loose the speed advantages from
using a hash table for lookup, right?  Or would Org build and use one
internally?

Anyway, I think personally I would not want to have a second place for
anniversaries - unless it would then be beneficial to use only that file
in the future.

> How does all of that sound?

All of that sounded good, thanks for your time.

Michael.