Subject: Re: bug#49995: 28.0.50; EBDB Anniversaries do not appear marked in calendar

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 15:18:18 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Okay, here's a version of how it might work. I've learned a little bit
> more about the diary (and as a result will likely use it more! I'd
> always thought it was just a poor cousin to Org, but I see it has its
> own strengths), and have a solution that is a bit funky, but might be
> okay.

Looks quite good.

I would try to get rid of `diary-anniversary'.  All it does is checking
the date and calling `format' - things that you already do.  You now
effectively get `eval' inside `eval' when calling `diary', you have an
extra layer.  I hope removing that will also get rid of the need to look
at `original-date'.

[BTW: The only nontrivial thing `diary-anniversary' does is handling of
birthdays on 2/28, you may want to have a look if you need to handle
that case specially.]

Regards,

Michael.