Subject: bug#49995: 28.0.50; EBDB Anniversaries do not appear marked in calendar

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 12:43:39 +0530

Prerequisite: setup EBDB with a few records with anniversaries.

Steps:

1. M-x calendar RET

2. m (diary-mark-entries)

Result: highlights the entries from diary but doesn’t mark the
anniversaries from EBDB. However, pressing ‘d’ on a date with
anniversary shows the day’s calendar with the anniversary.

Expectation: Anniversaries from EBDB must also be highlighted when
(diary-mark-entries) is invoked.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5.1 (Build 20G80))
 of 2021-08-11 built on mb2.local
Repository revision: a8e89964f3553f40b8807617c3b181f42cd22fd9
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.5.1

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-20210810.800/magit-section-pkg hides /Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-section-20210806.1607/magit-section-pkg
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20210809.1242/transient hides /Users/pankaj/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug magit-utils dash appt url-http url-gw url-auth
smerge-mode diff gnus-html url-cache flow-fill shr-color color mailalias
smtpmail flyspell ispell sort smiley gnus-cite mm-archive mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml hl-line disp-table cursor-sensor
nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnml nnfolder epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache
.gnus cal-persia cal-coptic cal-mayan cal-french cal-move rfc1345
misearch multi-isearch cl-print help-fns radix-tree cus-start compose
quail cal-julian org-duration view cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs cal-iso face-remap
org-agenda org-refile vc-dir diary-lib diary-loaddefs sh-script smie
executable dired-aux bug-reference conf-mode hideshow vc-mtn vc-hg
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc eglot array jsonrpc ert pp
ewoc debug backtrace imenu ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search ol-docview doc-view
image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m autorevert filenotify
checkdoc lisp-mnt vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher flymake-proc flymake
compile warnings thingatpt elec-pair jka-compr company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company init my-init enet org-element avl-tree generator
org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js
ob-java ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete ls-lisp ob-R ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec server edmacro kmacro modus-operandi-theme modus-themes
exec-path-from-shell delight ebdb-message sendmail ebdb-gnus gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku
svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search
time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar
ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
timezone savehist desktop frameset avoid paren cus-load finder-inf
tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init iso-transl
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 837741 107231)
 (symbols 48 45628 3)
 (strings 32 198620 15218)
 (string-bytes 1 5983840)
 (vectors 16 96769)
 (vector-slots 8 1944827 135657)
 (floats 8 997 1126)
 (intervals 56 8961 8042)
 (buffers 992 72))

-- 
Regards ~Pankaj