Subject: bug#49980: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Should we have project-save-buffers?

From: Arthur Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 03:19:22 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 14.08.2021 05:46, Arthur Miller wrote:
>> It is ~200 sloc and most
>> of it is helm boiler code, I am really interesting about opinion on
>> stash/unstash strategy. I stash everything include untracked
>> files.
>
> Speaking of strategy, that sounds like something I routinely do by hand,
> so... it seems fine?
>
> Though I usually keep unregistered files alone, because those can be both
> related to the current work I'm doing, or totally unrelated and be, for example,
> some new project settings I haven't checked in (and perhaps never intend to).

And as Oscar F. wrote in another thread, can lead to many gigabytes of
data stashed away.

Yes, I agree, I stash with -u by default, but I do have var to turn it
off.

What do you think about checking out, between multiple different
branches? Switching two branches back and forth is no brainer, it should
always work fine, but switching multiple branches can lead to mess since
stashes are applied automatically. Any good strategy to automate this
case?

Honestly, I don't see much difference than doing it manually, but I am a
bit affraid of auto applying stashes.