Subject: [PATCH 0/7] gnu: desktop: Add seatd-service-type and greetd-service-type

From: muradm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 22:02:57 +0300

This patch series introduces two new services;

 - seatd-service-type: simple seat management daemon
 - greetd-service-type: simple login daemon

Both services are very minimalistic in nature. Simple seatd daemon could
be said as replacement for elogind-service-type. greetd daemon is simple
replacement for mingetty/agetty.

In addition to the base services, special build of pam-mount module is
included as seatd-pam-mount. It is used to provide auto-(mounting/unmounting)
of XDG_RUNTIME_DIR. Special build is required to avoid interference with
default pam-mount if used in the system.

greetd provides agreety terminal greeter out of the box. Current
greetd-service-type includes configuration for greetd-agreety-session
variations, i.e. only terminal are supported at the moment.

Next step would be adding gtkgreet and/or wlgreet alternatives for
graphical greeter.

muradm (7):
  gnu: rust-enquote: Add rust-enquote 1.0.3
  gnu: rust-pam-sys: Add rust-pam-sys 0.5.6
  gnu: greetd: Add greetd 0.7.0
  gnu: seatd-pam-mount: Add seatd-pam-mount
  gnu: desktop: Add seatd-service-type
  gnu: desktop: Add greetd-service-type
  doc: Add desktop seatd-service-type and greetd-service-type.

 doc/guix.texi                | 151 +++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/admin.scm       |  20 +++
 gnu/packages/crates-io.scm   |  48 +++++++
 gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm |  71 ++++++++++
 gnu/services/desktop.scm     | 256 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 5 files changed, 545 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.32.0