Subject: [bug#49946] [PATCH v8 0/7] Add tree-sitter support for Emacs 28

From: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:37:15 +0000

Hi Guix!

This is a rebase of the emacs-tree-sitter and emacs-tree-sitter-langs packages
on top of tree-sitter grammars that were merged. This brings tree-sitter to
Emacs 28, via a module.

When Emacs 29 is released with native support, some of this work may no longer
be required. However, the final emacs-tree-sitter-langs package is likely to
live on as a convenient way to add syntax highlighting support to major modes
that do not yet have native support. As it naturally will take time for
packages to transition over.

See this issue to track making emacs-tree-sitter-langs compatible with Emacs
29:  https://github.com/emacs-tree-sitter/tree-sitter-langs/pull/157

Anymore feedback on these last few patches? I'm happy to finally be close to
finishing this work!

Thanks,
Pierre

Pierre Langlois (7):
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-lua.
  gnu: Add [email-masked].
  gnu: Add rust-tree-sitter.
  gnu: Add rust-tree-sitter-for-emacs.
  gnu: Add emacs-tree-sitter-core.
  gnu: Add emacs-tree-sitter.
  gnu: Add emacs-tree-sitter-langs.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   1 +
 .../rust-tree-sitter-text-provider-fix.patch  |  98 +++++
 gnu/packages/tree-sitter.scm                  | 378 ++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 477 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/rust-tree-sitter-text-provider-fix.patch

-- 
2.39.1