Subject: [bug#49946] [PATCH v7 01/32] gnu: tree-sitter: Move to its own module.

From: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 18:04:01 +0400

On 2023-02-09 13:39, zimoun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 09 Feb 2023 at 14:11, Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I applied tree-sitter and tree-sitter-cli patches,
>
> Just to be sure to understand, you have only applied 02/32 and 05/32,
> right?
>
>
> [bug#49946] [PATCH v7 02/32] gnu: tree-sitter: Update to 0.20.7.
> id:[email-masked]
> http://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/[email-masked]
>
> [bug#49946] [PATCH v7 05/32] gnu: Add tree-sitter-cli.
> id:[email-masked]
> http://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/[email-masked]
>
> Leaving out all the others, right?

Merged first 5 patches from 01 to 05, also added one more commit, which
addresses some things from reviews and one commit, which adds html
grammar.

The html grammar is added for the testing purposes.  It relies on
generated parser.c and scanner.c and we will need to repackage it using
grammar.js instead.  I'm not sure if a separate build system is needed
for this, I guess we can just rewrite tree-sitter-grammar function,
which generates packages as in example with tree-sitter-grammar-html:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/tree-sitter.scm?h=53b00b91b73bd60412d5bd057e22e6d63194a7f7#n158

Anyway, I only skimmed tree-sitter-build-system source code, and plan to
read it carefully, evaluate and either introduce new build system or
just move all needed parts to tree-sitter-grammar function.  WDYT?
After we done with it we can package all other grammars.

According to emacs integration: I already have a working prototype on my
local setup, which uses builtin treesit package, it's similiar to what
Luis mentioned with search-paths.  We just need to figure out a few
minor details and I'll add it.

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin