Subject: [PATCH v6 00/27] gnu: Add tree-sitter for emacs.

From: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 19:28:29 +0100

Hi Guix!

Here's a v6 of the tree-sitter for emacs series.

Changes are:

- Rebased on master.

- Updated typescript grammar to 0.20.1.

- Remove code that downloads binaries from emacs-tree-sitter and
  emacs-tree-sitter-langs. It's no longer possible to change the source
  of grammars used by the package, and will now only use Guix-provided
  ones.

  Given this behaviour is different from upstream, we also emit a
  message when grammars are loaded:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  tree-sitter-langs: Grammar bundle already installed via Guix.
  Installing external grammars via this function isn't supported, if a
  language you need is missing please report a bug at [email-masked].
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I also pushed this series to a branch on
https://gitlab.com/planglois/guix/-/tree/emacs-tree-sitter in case
that's useful for testing. 

Thanks!
Pierre

Pierre Langlois (27):
  gnu: tree-sitter: Move to its own module.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-cli.
  build-system: Add tree-sitter-build-system.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-c.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-cpp.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-bash.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-css.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-c-sharp.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-elixir.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-elm.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-go.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-html.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-java.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-javascript.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-json.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-julia.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-ocaml.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-php.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-python.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-ruby.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-rust.
  gnu: Add tree-sitter-typescript.
  gnu: Add rust-tree-sitter.
  gnu: Add rust-tree-sitter-for-emacs.
  gnu: Add emacs-tree-sitter-core.
  gnu: Add emacs-tree-sitter.
  gnu: Add emacs-tree-sitter-langs.

 Makefile.am                                   |   2 +
 doc/guix.texi                                 |  21 +-
 gnu/local.mk                                  |   2 +
 .../rust-tree-sitter-text-provider-fix.patch  |  98 ++
 gnu/packages/text-editors.scm                 |  52 -
 gnu/packages/tree-sitter.scm                  | 947 ++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/vim.scm                          |   1 +
 guix/build-system/tree-sitter.scm             | 190 ++++
 guix/build/tree-sitter-build-system.scm       | 153 +++
 9 files changed, 1413 insertions(+), 53 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/rust-tree-sitter-text-provider-fix.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/tree-sitter.scm
 create mode 100644 guix/build-system/tree-sitter.scm
 create mode 100644 guix/build/tree-sitter-build-system.scm

-- 
2.36.0