Subject: [bug#49946] [PATCH v5 27/27] gnu: Add emacs-tree-sitter-langs.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 18:05:45 +0200

Pierre Langlois schreef op zo 15-05-2022 om 15:55 [+0100]:
> [...]
> 
> Ah I see, that's a good point.  I /think/ today we should be able to
> catch such things thanks to the tests, if the package decides to
> download binaries during testing it'll fail.  But maybe it could, for
> some reason, use Guix binaries during testing and then decide to
> download its own when running outside of the build environment.
> 
> Now I'm conlicted :-), maybe rewriting the build.el file is the safest
> option, and maybe if we get bug reports from people who would like to
> use their own grammars we could revisit?

Seems like an option to me (I don't think we actually know yet if there
will be interest in downloading the grammars from upstream or not among
potential Guix users).  Though FWIW, they can already use their own
grammars with "--with-source" transformations (to change an existing
grammar) or by packaging them (for new grammars) and the like (albeit
with Guix instead of Emacs).

Greetings,
Maxime.