Subject: [bug#49946] [WIP PATCH v3 00/26] gnu: Add tree-sitter for emacs (and neovim as well?).

From: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 11:17:31 +0000

Hi Maxime,

Thanks for taking a look!

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Pierre Langlois schreef op wo 09-03-2022 om 13:46 [+0000]:
>> +           `("g++"
>
> Wouldn't the cross-compiler be necessary here?

Yeah it should, I've not yet implemented cross-compiling support in this
build-system yet, but I'm happy to do it!

Before continuing to work on this build-system though, do you have any
opinions about adding it to begin with?  As opposed to the current
approach of defining a base grammar package (see tree-sitter-c) and have
the other grammar packages inherit from it.  I'm wondering if it's worth
adding the build-system, when I don't think we should expect the number
of grammars we would package to grow too much.  But then again, the
package definitions do look quite a bit nicer with the build-system, so
I'm a bit on the fence about this :-).

Thanks,
Pierre