Subject: [bug#49946] [PATCH 08/31] gnu: node: Patch /usr/bin/env in node-gyp.

From: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 02:31:46 -0400

On 9/25/21 6:24 AM, Pierre Langlois wrote:
> For instance, while working on a newer version of one of the packages in
> this series, I saw we may need to patch GYP's python reference as well,
> like so:
> 
> (substitute* "deps/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/gyp_main.py"
>    (("#!/usr/bin/env python")
>     (string-append "#!" (assoc-ref inputs "python") "/bin/python3")))
> 
> Only for node 14+. The reason seems to be that gyp still refers to
> "python", but python2 is no longer a dependency for newer nodes. And it
> seems GYP is perfectly happy with python3, and the shebang is fixed
> upstream so a never node will be fine:
> https://github.com/nodejs/node-gyp/pull/2355/files

I think this needs to be a `python` from `inputs` rather than 
`native-inputs`, for cross-compilation, IIUC.

I tried building node 14.18.0, and it ran into other issues, but there 
were still a number shebangs with `python` rather than `python3` in 
various places, though I think they'd be fine with `python-wrapper`.

-Philip