Subject: Re: bug#49943: [PATCH] gnu: Add openboard

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:56:07 -0500

Hello,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> Also, note that qtwebkit doesn't seem to have a future, and is scheduled
> for removal in Guix, per #49943.  That's too bad!  I hope they can
> tackle https://github.com/OpenBoard-org/OpenBoard/issues/193 soon.

I've asked, and apparently they're working on it already [0]!

[0]  https://github.com/OpenBoard-org/OpenBoard/issues/193#issuecomment-1054642139

> I guess given the sad state of qtwebkit, and its planned removal from
> Guix, we may have to drop this submission and revisit it at a later
> time.

So a better suggestion with the above in mind would be to package it
using the non-released 1.7-dev development branch which relies already
on qtwebengine instead of qtwebkit.

Would you like to give it a spin?

Thanks!

Maxim