Subject: bug#49937: 28.0.50; feature/pgtk: tetris blocks are comparatively larger

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 05:01:29 +0200 (CEST)

In tetris, pong and friends, the size of each grid is much larger in
the pgtk branch compared to master (see the attached files).  However,
I'm not sure if this can be considered a bug since the physical size of
each grid, measured using a ruler, is 7 mm in the pgtk branch as one
would expect from the value of `gamegrid-glyph-height-mm'.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.27, cairo version 1.16.0)
Repository revision: 13a9a5e836cbe6e64aadaba40fe1f7eb83320d08
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: NixOS 21.11 (Porcupine)

Configured using:
'configure
--prefix=/nix/store/wfl7dxjy5zm2mb2rsrmfli12jrxzjqn9-emacs-pgtk-20210725.0
--disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
--with-cairo --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH:
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH: /nix/store/ld3lv1bbi9zx15k3h5hni467gyqxckjr-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/native-lisp::
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  view-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(dabbrev view vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher cl-extra smiley
ansi-color gnus-cite mm-archive jka-compr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
gnus nnheader mailcap cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit help-mode pp
shadow sort mail-extr ispell emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs
cl-lib disp-table tetris gamegrid iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 147251 9401)
(symbols 48 15021 0)
(strings 32 45794 2504)
(string-bytes 1 1615778)
(vectors 16 28360)
(vector-slots 8 320281 12896)
(floats 8 221 59)
(intervals 56 909 434)
(buffers 992 27))