Subject: bug#49920: 28.0.50; Exiting agenda view produces error

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 10:17:03 +0530

I get the following error when I try to exit the agenda view using ‘q’
key. Although the agenda view closes after I exist the *Backtrace*
buffer.

Steps to reproduce:

1. emacs -Q
2. eval (setq debug-on-error t)
3. M-x org-agenda RET
4. q

Result:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Abort")
  signal(error ("Abort"))
  error("Abort")
  org-agenda-get-restriction-and-command(nil)
  org-agenda(nil)
  funcall-interactively(org-agenda nil)
  call-interactively(org-agenda record nil)
  command-execute(org-agenda record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "org-agenda" "org-age")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "org-agenda" "org-age")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5 (Build 20G71))
 of 2021-08-07 built on mb2.local
Repository revision: 0b049fe71d73f6885a3c81ea31829e3befc18933
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.5.1

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20210723.1601/transient hides /Users/pankaj/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr face-remap apropos emacsbug
shortdoc help-fns radix-tree cl-print org-agenda org-refile misearch
multi-isearch find-dired grep diary-lib diary-loaddefs haskell-mode
haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation
haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme rx
haskell-align-imports haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support
dabbrev haskell-customize sh-script smie executable hideshow vc-mtn
vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc eglot array jsonrpc
ert pp ewoc debug backtrace imenu dired-aux checkdoc lisp-mnt
bug-reference flymake-proc flymake compile warnings elec-pair autorevert
filenotify yasnippet-snippets yasnippet vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode
exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company-ebdb init my-init enet org-element avl-tree
generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-plantuml ob-sql
ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python python tramp-sh
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
shell pcomplete ls-lisp ob-R ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes
exec-path-from-shell company edmacro kmacro delight ebdb-message
sendmail ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
text-property-search time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra
help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs timezone savehist desktop frameset avoid paren
cus-load finder-inf tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
early-init iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 613953 53499)
 (symbols 48 43335 3)
 (strings 32 184743 16664)
 (string-bytes 1 5679447)
 (vectors 16 80892)
 (vector-slots 8 1890278 125579)
 (floats 8 422 192)
 (intervals 56 4426 98)
 (buffers 992 56))

-- 
Regards ~Pankaj