Subject: bug#49910: closed (Re: bug#49910: Fwd: Re: [website] script generating POT files broken with [email-masked])

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 10:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#49910: [website] script generating POT files broken with [email-masked]

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
49910: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=49910
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#49910: Fwd: Re: [website] script generating POT files broken with [email-masked]
From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 12:21:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I’m closing this issue since a workaround is in place.

The current behavior of the website’s sexp-xgettext script is wrong
(and was wrong before with [email-masked]) when passing --keyword=quote
or --keyword=unquote-splicing but nobody does that anyway.

The script should be adapted with further development of (ice-9 read),
for example if comment parsing gets added[0], the PEG parser in
sexp-xgettext can be thrown away.

[0] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2021-08/msg00009.html

Regards,
Florian

Subject: [website] script generating POT files broken with [email-masked]
From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 12:53:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

In the guix-artwork.git repo, the pot file generation
(scripts/sexp-xgettext.scm as described in the file i18n-howto) in the
website is broken since [email-masked].  Old [email-masked] works.

The issue is at the end of the procedure in the call to (read) within
token->string-symbol-or-keyw, specifically

guile -c '(with-input-from-string ",@" (lambda () (read)))'

I will investigate, but I don’t fully understand.

Regards,
Florian