Subject: Bug in build c-ares

From: Денис Эпиков <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 22:44:46 +0300

Hi!
I have a bug.
Build environment - Debian testing latest

root@debian10-work:~# apt source -b c-ares
Reading package lists... Done
NOTICE: 'c-ares' packaging is maintained in the 'Git' version control
system at:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/c-ares.git
Please use:
git clone https://salsa.debian.org/debian/c-ares.git
to retrieve the latest (possibly unreleased) updates to the package.
Skipping already downloaded file 'c-ares_1.17.1-1.dsc'
Skipping already downloaded file 'c-ares_1.17.1.orig.tar.gz'
Skipping already downloaded file 'c-ares_1.17.1.orig.tar.gz.asc'
Skipping already downloaded file 'c-ares_1.17.1-1.debian.tar.xz'
Need to get 0 B of source archives.
Skipping unpack of already unpacked source in c-ares-1.17.1
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source package c-ares
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source version 1.17.1-1
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source distribution unstable
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source changed by Gregor Jasny <
[email-masked]>
dpkg-buildpackage: info: host architecture amd64
 dpkg-source --before-build .
 debian/rules clean
dh clean
   dh_autoreconf_clean
   dh_clean
 debian/rules build
dh build
   dh_update_autotools_config
   dh_autoreconf
aclocal: installing 'm4/ax_ac_append_to_file.m4' from
'/usr/share/aclocal/ax_ac_append_to_file.m4'
aclocal: installing 'm4/ax_ac_print_to_file.m4' from
'/usr/share/aclocal/ax_ac_print_to_file.m4'
aclocal: installing 'm4/ax_add_am_macro_static.m4' from
'/usr/share/aclocal/ax_add_am_macro_static.m4'
aclocal: installing 'm4/ax_am_macros_static.m4' from
'/usr/share/aclocal/ax_am_macros_static.m4'
aclocal: installing 'm4/ax_check_gnu_make.m4' from
'/usr/share/aclocal/ax_check_gnu_make.m4'
aclocal: installing 'm4/ax_code_coverage.m4' from
'/usr/share/aclocal/ax_code_coverage.m4'
aclocal: installing 'm4/ax_cxx_compile_stdcxx.m4' from
'/usr/share/aclocal/ax_cxx_compile_stdcxx.m4'
aclocal: installing 'm4/ax_cxx_compile_stdcxx_11.m4' from
'/usr/share/aclocal/ax_cxx_compile_stdcxx_11.m4'
aclocal: installing 'm4/ax_file_escapes.m4' from
'/usr/share/aclocal/ax_file_escapes.m4'
aclocal: installing 'm4/ax_require_defined.m4' from
'/usr/share/aclocal/ax_require_defined.m4'
aclocal: error: too many loops
aclocal: Please contact <[email-masked]>.
 at /usr/share/automake-1.16/Automake/Channels.pm line 655.
Automake::Channels::msg("automake", "", "too many loops") called at
/usr/share/automake-1.16/Automake/ChannelDefs.pm line 226
Automake::ChannelDefs::prog_error("too many loops") called at
/usr/bin/aclocal line 1187
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 255
dh_autoreconf: error: autoreconf -f -i returned exit code 1
make: *** [debian/rules:6: build] Error 255
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build subprocess returned exit
status 2
E: Build command 'cd c-ares-1.17.1 && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc' failed.
root@debian10-work:~#

DP