Subject: [bug#49889] [PATCH 0/5] Add build system for Gerbil Scheme

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 22:42:43 +0100

Hello!

Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This series adds the ‘gerbil-build-system’ for building Gerbil packages.
>
> The first patch moves the ‘gerbil’ package from (gnu packages scheme) to
> (gnu packages gerbil).
>
> The third patch adds the build system itself, and the fourth and fifth
> patches add two Gerbil packages that use the new ‘gerbil-build-system’.
>
> I don’t know if Gerbil packages should be ‘inputs’ or
> ‘propagated-inputs’.  I found two Gerbil packages that depended on other
> Gerbil packages, but they both require a newer, unreleased Gerbil
> package (Gerbil hasn’t had a new release for more than a year).  Maybe
> we should add a ‘gerbil-next’ package?  ;-)
>
> Xinglu Chen (5):
>   gnu: gerbil: Move to (gnu packages gerbil).
>   gnu: gerbil: Add 'native-search-paths' field.
>   guix: Add 'gerbil-build-system'.
>   gnu: Add gerbil-srfi-54.
>   gnu: Add gerbil-clojerbil.

Looks like this fell through the cracks during the summer.  :-/

It all LGTM.  You’ll have to update the build system to the new API
though, and run ‘guix style -S inputs’ to remove input labels, and
possibly ‘guix style’ to adjust layout for ‘gerbil-clojerbil’ for
instance.

That’s all.

Could you send updated patches?

Thanks!

Ludo’.