Subject: bug#49888: 28.0.50; fido-mode not sorting by recency

From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 15:04:40 +0200

In 'emacs -Q', this is what I did:

- M-x savehist-mode RET
- M-x fido-mode RET
- M-x icomplete-vertical-mode RET
- M-x emacs-init-time
- C-x p p, pick a Git-versioned directory RET
- f, pick the fourth candidate, C-x k RET
- M-x now shows pr-ps-file-preview on top
- C-x p p, pick the only available project
- C-x p f does not offer the previously selected candidate

Is it possible to make fido-mode sort the candidates by recency?

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.18, cairo 
version 1.16.0)
  of 2021-08-05 built on hathaway
Repository revision: 50d3178a4fa6fbfaaaeee7025e8d9ad3a070aea0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12009000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --with-harfbuzz --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_GB.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
   icomplete-vertical-mode: t
   icomplete-mode: t
   fido-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
thingatpt pp vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs comp comp-cstr warnings subr-x rx cl-seq
cl-macs cl-extra help-mode vc vc-dispatcher project seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv time icomplete cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-start
cus-load savehist iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 113322 10791)
  (symbols 48 10241 0)
  (strings 32 29042 1772)
  (string-bytes 1 917069)
  (vectors 16 18702)
  (vector-slots 8 322889 12691)
  (floats 8 37 275)
  (intervals 56 295 33)
  (buffers 992 12))

-- 
Manuel Uberti
www.manueluberti.eu