Subject: bug#49866: closed (Re: bug#49877: [Emacs 28.0.50 Trunk] *ERROR*: No applicable method: frame-creation-function)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 13:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#49877: 28.0.50; gnus-summary-exit from the transient search buffer giving error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
49877: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=49877
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#49877: [Emacs 28.0.50 Trunk] *ERROR*: No applicable method: frame-creation-function
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Christian Albrecht <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Jacob Faibussowitsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 09:43:30 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Christian,

Christian Albrecht [2021-08-10 08:14:25] wrote:
>>> It is for me. Commit [1] fixes the error described in bug#49877 while
>>> previous commit [2] still trigggers.
>> Dang. I ment bug#49866 of course.
> It's embarrassing, but for the sake of clarity, indeed i was referring
> bug#49877: [Emacs 28.0.50 Trunk] *ERROR*: No applicable method:
> frame-creation-function
> Now i stop hasty spamming.

Thanks for confirming.  I'm thus closing this bug report.
You still have a few weeks to add a couple more clarifications of your
clarifications, of course (after which, the bug will be "archived")  ;-)

        Stefan

Subject: 28.0.50; gnus-summary-exit from the transient search buffer giving error
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 12:11:31 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am on an IMAP group in the group buffer, and my debug is on. The
following steps produces error:

1. Started search with ‘G G’ with search term "keyword from:manager".

2. In the transient buffer press ‘q’ to exit i.e. (gnus-summary-exit)

3. It produces following error and I am stuck in the buffer. I had to
   kill the buffer to come out. This is a recent thing. It was working
   fine a couple of days back, when I last tried search.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (cl-no-applicable-method map-into nil list)
  signal(cl-no-applicable-method (map-into nil list))
  cl-no-applicable-method(#s(cl--generic :name map-into :dispatches ((1 #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-eql-generalizer :priority 100 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba953f414e437c>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0xc2b528c28560f5a>)) #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-head-generalizer :priority 80 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode 0x3a14bb8a384edb5>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0xc2b528d3218c09a>)) #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-t-generalizer :priority 0 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba9713a96764e4>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0x2b7bed08469105e>))) (0 #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-t-generalizer :priority 0 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba9713a96764e4>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0x2b7bed08469105e>)))) :method-table (#s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (head hash-table)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a hash-table.\nTYPE is a list whose car is `hash-table' and cdr a list of\nkeyword-args forwarded to `make-hash-table'.\n\nExample:\n    (map-into '((1 . 3)) '(hash-table :test eql))" #<bytecode -0x8a04544b3b280eb>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'hash-table)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a hash-table with keys compared with `equal'." #<bytecode 0x766b33f91b1b4f2>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'plist)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a plist." #<bytecode -0x1c77c5758ca6b1e4>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'alist)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into an alist." #<bytecode -0x9f7e2b35156d6bc>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'list)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into an alist." #<bytecode -0x9f7e2b35156d6bc>))) :options nil) nil list)
  apply(cl-no-applicable-method #s(cl--generic :name map-into :dispatches ((1 #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-eql-generalizer :priority 100 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba953f414e437c>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0xc2b528c28560f5a>)) #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-head-generalizer :priority 80 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode 0x3a14bb8a384edb5>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0xc2b528d3218c09a>)) #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-t-generalizer :priority 0 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba9713a96764e4>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0x2b7bed08469105e>))) (0 #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-t-generalizer :priority 0 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba9713a96764e4>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0x2b7bed08469105e>)))) :method-table (#s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (head hash-table)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a hash-table.\nTYPE is a list whose car is `hash-table' and cdr a list of\nkeyword-args forwarded to `make-hash-table'.\n\nExample:\n    (map-into '((1 . 3)) '(hash-table :test eql))" #<bytecode -0x8a04544b3b280eb>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'hash-table)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a hash-table with keys compared with `equal'." #<bytecode 0x766b33f91b1b4f2>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'plist)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a plist." #<bytecode -0x1c77c5758ca6b1e4>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'alist)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into an alist." #<bytecode -0x9f7e2b35156d6bc>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'list)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into an alist." #<bytecode -0x9f7e2b35156d6bc>))) :options nil) (nil list))
  #f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode -0x4b82e932922e70a>)(nil list)
  apply(#f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode -0x4b82e932922e70a>) nil list nil)
  map-into(nil list)
  map-merge(list nil nil)
  nnselect-push-info("nnselect:nnselect-m2r1f97m8c.fsf")
  nnselect-close-group("nnselect-m2r1f97m8c.fsf" "nnselect-ephemeral")
  gnus-close-group("nnselect:nnselect-m2r1f97m8c.fsf")
  gnus-summary-exit()
  funcall-interactively(gnus-summary-exit)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-exit nil nil)
  command-execute(gnus-summary-exit)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5 (Build 20G71))
 of 2021-08-04 built on mb2.local
Repository revision: b0d07396e8d970407a17388cdc207b9f3608f90e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.5

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20210723.1601/transient hides /Users/pankaj/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow shortdoc emacsbug mailalias smtpmail qp flyspell ispell
gnus-html url-cache flow-fill mm-archive help-fns radix-tree cl-print
misearch multi-isearch sort smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml hl-line disp-table cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh utf-7
nnml nnfolder epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache .gnus find-dired grep
diary-lib diary-loaddefs dired-aux markdown-mode color hideshow vc-mtn
vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc eglot array jsonrpc
ert pp ewoc debug backtrace imenu haskell-mode haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme rx haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support dabbrev haskell-customize
sh-script smie executable checkdoc lisp-mnt flymake-proc flymake compile
warnings elec-pair autorevert filenotify vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode
exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company init my-init enet org-element avl-tree generator
org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js
ob-java ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete ls-lisp ob-R ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec server edmacro kmacro modus-operandi-theme modus-themes
exec-path-from-shell yasnippet-snippets yasnippet delight ebdb-message
sendmail ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
text-property-search time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra
help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs timezone savehist desktop frameset avoid paren
cus-load finder-inf tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
early-init iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 863493 82979)
 (symbols 48 45134 33)
 (strings 32 197031 16063)
 (string-bytes 1 6218849)
 (vectors 16 87203)
 (vector-slots 8 2000154 87024)
 (floats 8 536 516)
 (intervals 56 5966 1996)
 (buffers 992 80))

-- 
Regards ~Pankaj