Subject: bug#49872: GNU Emacs: Some errors in the reference card

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 13:19:20 +0200

Иван <[email-masked]> writes:

> It seems that the GNU Emacs reference card, which is available at
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/refcards/pdf/refcard.pdf,
> has some errors.
>
> First, "select next later search string: M-n" should be changed to
> "select next search string".

Now fixed in the source, so the pdfs should be updated the next time
they're regenerated.

> Second, "abort partially typed or executing command: C-g" should be
> changed to "quit partially typed or executing command", since the
> word "abort" is actually reserved for C-] (according to the user
> manual).

That's true, but the refcards should be terse and readily
understandable, and I think the current formulation is fine.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no